The right choice for all your needs
The OCULUS Easyfield® is a full-fledged compact perimeter capable of performing standard automated perimetry of the central visual field up to 30° eccentricity. It has been designed for the combined use as visual field screener and perimeter, offering features usually available only in large units. The spherical bowl with 30 cm (11.81”) radius is enclosed into an ergonomically movable cone equipped with a distance adapted lens. The Easyfield® conforms to the Goldmann standard and fulfills the ISO-12866 norm for perimeters.
Measurements of the Easyfield® are carried out using an LED grid with 135 fixed test locations, including the common 30-2, 24-2 and 10-2 patterns. The novel SPARK test strategy leads to faster and more stable threshold tests providing improved diagnostic capabilities. Besides the standard field indices the Easyfield® delivers evaluations of the innovative Glaucoma Staging Program (GSP) and the classifications provided by the Glaucoma Staging System (GSS 2).
The standard award-winning design with up-to-date features
Designed for increased comfort with an adjustable, stylish chin rest
Building on a proven design – Ergonomic and patient-friendly
- The redesigned double head rest with translucent lateral eye shields allows measurements without an eye-patch, saving precious time in the preparation for the test.
- The completely new, vertically adjustable chin rest (Easyfield® C only) improves the quality of examinations by sensibly increasing the comfort of the patients.
- The stylish design of the chin rest is adapted to the ergonomically movable perimeter cone for complete versatility.
- The high resolution camera for better video control image of the patient’s eye improves the reliability of exams.
- A spring-loaded double mount offers increased stability for the correction lens holder.
- Standard USB interface offers connectivity of the OCULUS Easyfield® with any external Windows computer, hence network integration is straightforward.
Standard Automated – Perimetry
Screening with the OCULUS Easyfield® is most commonly carried out by performing supra-threshold examinations of the central visual field. During these examinations the presented stimulus is always brighter than the one matching the normal threshold value corresponding to the patient’s age in the given location. Screening programs have shorter duration and are easier to complete. As a
result, an overview of the visual field is obtained, without numerical dB values, but with the identification of peculiar locations.
The Easyfield® employs threshold oriented supra-threshold strategies with 2 or 3 zones, recognizing defects or absolute and relative defects, respectively. The predefined “Screening 24-2” program uses a 2 zones strategy and takes slightly more than a minute per eye to accomplish. Customized screening programs using different test patterns or strategies can be easily created in the
device software, with the possibility to adapt to any special requirement.
The most complete information about the visual field can be obtained by determining sensitivity threshold values in all locations of a test pattern using strategies for threshold measurements. The OCULUS Easyfield® perimeter offers various ways for threshold
- Full Threshold: The classical 4-2 dB staircase strategy using two reversals in the patient’s answer to deliver a threshold value.
- Fast Threshold: Bracketing strategy using variable steps and taking advantage of already measured locations.
- CLIP1): Strategy using stimuli with continuously increasing luminance. Threshold value is assigned the moment the stimulus is perceived.
- SPARK2): Fast and averaged threshold strategy based on statistical correlations between threshold values measured in different locations.
More information can be found in the Product Brochure.