Birmingham Optical are recruiting for a Field Service Engineers to join our team in Ireland:
As a Field Service Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out effective and efficient installations, services, repairs and calibrations of premium Optical, Ophthalmic and Lens Edger products in customer premises.
- Install new equipment and de-commission customer equipment
- Service, repair and calibrate all company instruments and machinery on customer’s premises
- Provide technical support to customers and colleagues
- Identify and escalate any service opportunities
- Support company growth by creating sales leads for equipment and service contracts
- Follow through in meeting commitments, deadlines and resolving escalations.
Qualifications and experience sought:
This role would most suit Engineers with experience of Optical, Medical or Bio-medical equipment however previous applicants have come from the Optical industry or from other Field Service industries.
- Proven technical competence and experience with equipment maintenance
- The ability to read and interpret technical documents such as engineering documents, operation and maintenance instructions
- Knowledge of PC hardware and be PC literate
- Previous experience of working within a service organisation
- Full driving license
- Desirable: Relevant industry experience or experience from a similar industry and ability to learn new systems
- Desirable: Qualified in an engineering or IT discipline, or hands on engineering experience in electro-mechanical engineering.
Skills and competencies:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve in high pressure situations
- Collaborative approach to teamwork
Birmingham Optical are a highly successful and long established leading supplier to Opticians, Ophthalmologists and Laboratories in the UK and Ireland, and sole distributors of the Nidek and Oculus range of products in the UK. The team of highly trained experts sell and support an extensive range of top quality instruments and machines that encapsulate the latest innovation in technology.
Our customers expect great service and we’re focused on providing an exceptional product combined with a premium level of aftercare. To make that happen our people need to be a little bit different: have a genuine passion for the industry and a desire to deliver.
A key part of this role is delivering a great customer experience; the ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in a customer facing role.
What you can expect from Birmingham Optical:
Whilst you will be based near your home you will be expected to travel throughout Ireland, working as part of a team but attending sites individually.
Due to the nature of our business travel to our Head Office, in Birmingham, England will be required for training. There will also be occasional need to support other Engineers based in UK locations.
- Salary is negotiable dependent on experience
- Company vehicle and uniform
- Company mobile phone and Laptop
- Access to profit related bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Life assurance scheme
- Successful applicants will be supported to continually develop their knowledge of the equipment.