Clinical/Optometrist Trainer (North of the UK) Vacancy
Birmingham Optical are expanding and looking for a qualified Optometrist to join our team as a Clinical Trainer. Do you love the world of Optics and innovative Optical technology. Are you looking for a role that is different from the norm? Then join us as our in-house clinical trainer. You will be delivering fantastic training on our industry leading equipment to end users enabling them to fully utilise all the features of the products they trial or purchase from us.
Daily duties will include:
- Travelling to optical practices, hospitals and other venues throughout the UK.
- Providing demonstrations, training and aftercare to clients on a wide range of products at practices, head office (Birmingham) and at Optical events.
- You will be product leader for key products such as the Nidek Retina Scan Duo OCT, the K5M and Pentacam AXL, taking ownership for delivering a great service to our clients from introduction to installation and beyond.
- Writing and delivering CET (Continuing Education and training) for our customers.
- Writing and delivering internal training support to other Birmingham Optical team members to enable them to deliver a premium level of care to all Birmingham Optical customers.
- Providing Ophthalmology support.
We’ll be looking for you to be out on the road imparting your wisdom so you will need to be prepared to work across the UK and Ireland. The role will involve regular visits to our head Office site based in South Birmingham. It is essential that all applicants hold a full driving license, and are prepared to travel to a range of locations across the UK and from time to time stay away from home overnight.
The hours of work are 40 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday. Flexibility to attend events at evenings and weekends on occasion is required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
This role may suit an experienced Optom looking for a career change or a newly qualified individual who can demonstrate confidence in training others. You must have a passion for Optometry!
- BSc (in Optometry)
- FCOptom or MCOptom
- Good communication skills, including confidence in giving presentations and group training.
- Excellent skills as an engaging and inspiring trainer.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Highly motivated, results driven personality – reliable, enthusiastic and committed to the role.
- IT competent with Microsoft related packages, including PowerPoint.
- An enthusiasm for technology; knowledge of company products and services.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently in a mobile environment.
What you can expect from us:
- Fully expensed company car.
- Company mobile phone, iPad and Laptop.
- Access to a private company pension.
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, rising to 26.5 after 5 years service
- Access to Perkbox benefits, find out more about this here: https://www.perkbox.co.uk/birminghamopticalgroup
- Life assurance scheme
- You will be supported to continually develop your personal knowledge of the Ophthalmic Sector enabling you to provide the most pertinent and up to date information on a range of products.
- Opportunity for post graduate study as your career develops.
- Salary: £35,000-45,000 + bonus package + Professional fees paid for + company car
Birmingham Optical are a highly successful and long established leading supplier to Opticians, Ophthalmologists and Laboratories in the UK and Ireland. As sole distributors of the Nidek and Oculus range of products in the UK and Ireland we have a broad portfolio of product that encapsulate the latest innovation in technology. Our team sell, service and repair this extensive range of high quality instruments and machines.
Our customers expect great service and we’re focused on providing an exceptional product combined with a premium level of aftercare. To make that happen our people need to have a genuine passion for the industry and a desire to deliver. Our people need to display our core values of: Knowledge, Passion, Commitment, Trust, Team Work and Respect. All of our team need to love what we do.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a clinically focused, commercially minded team player. So if you join us as Clinical Trainer, get ready for something new. Join us and become part of a team that works together to ensure our customers receive the very best experience.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.